Ryan Not Happy With Jets No-Shows

Rex Ryan was a tad perturbed today after Leon Washington and Thomas Jones continued their hold out from OTA's.

"I would say maybe a little ... [surprised]," Ryan said at his news conference this afternoon about Washington's absence. "I was disappointed. Again, it's a voluntary camp. Would I like him to be here? Absolutely, no question; I'd love for Leon to be here, and Thomas. But he chose not to be here and that's unfortunate." (Randy Lange, "Rex disappointed by Leon and Thomas Absences."

In the story, Ryan goes on to say that he expects both veteran running backs to appear at mandatory mini-camp from June 9-11."That word 'mandatory,' to me; I'm not the smartest guy, but I think you should be here. I expect him to be here and I expect Thomas to be here as well," Ryan said.

It will be interesting to see how Ryan reacts if both fail to appear in June, since it will be the first in-house crisis for the new head coach.

Both Washington and Jones are holding out because of disputes over their contract status.

Comments