Eli Manning Denies That Foot Is Cause of Poor Play

A day after the team was notified that quarterback Eli Manning suffered a stress reaction to his injured heal, the quarterback today denied that the injury is the cause of the team's horrific slump during the past month and a half.

In the games, it doesn’t bother me, and I don’t think about it. This is not something I am overly concerned with,” Manning said.

"It has been the same for probably the last three to four weeks; it’s nothing new. I can go out and practice and do all I need to do.”


Manning doesn’t believe he would eventually need surgery on his foot.

“It’s one of those things that time and rest is probably the biggest thing,” he said. “Having the weekend and the bye week and off week helped some. Time to rest it is helpful. It is not something I think will linger or bother me” (Yahoo Sports).

Therefore, it looks like Manning, who is third on the active list for most consecutive starts behind his brother Peyton, and former Jets and current Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, will get a chance to start on Sunday when the first place Dallas Cowboys pay a visit to Giants Stadium in a make or break game for Big Blue.

Comments