New Meadowlands Stadium Favorite To Land 2014 Super Bowl

Arizona has dropped its bid to host its second Super Bowl at the Cardinals new University of Phoenix Stadium, opening the door for the Giants and Jets to host the Super Bowl in 2014.

New Meadowlands Stadium which will open this April for a college lacrosse tournament, before giving way to a Mexico vs. Ecuador soccer match in May, put in a bid to host Super Bowl XLVIII just before Super Bowl XLIV earlier this month.

Commissioner Roger Goodell was intrigued by the idea of having a world championship game in the elements. The Giants and Jets have no interest right now about putting a dome on the stadium because it would cost too much, so right now Super Bowl XLVIII looks like it could be the first super bowl in snow!!

The host city for Super Bowl XLVIII will be announced in May. Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, and Dolphin Stadium in Miami are the other bidders. Those two cities just hosted the Super Bowl in the last year.

New Meadowlands Stadium will have plenty of attractions for fans. There will be interactive game and events outside the stadium on game days, and Xanadu will feature Lego Land, 17 movie theaters, a bowling ally and a shopping mall. Not to mention that the stadium is eight miles from Manhattan.

Comments

Frank Gray said…
I'm adding you right after I type this. I like this blog a lot. I hate using the term 'a lot' because I never know if it's one or two words, but that is the best way for me to say it. I could go off on a stream of multiple syllable words to better describe it, but right now, I'm at a loss for words. When I first started my blog, I had envisioned something similar. All inclusive of all New York sports. I have been on a tear lately to write Mets stuff, because of baseball and let's face it, the Yankees don't talk, so they're boring right now. No hockey, the Knicks still are struggling. The Mets are the biggest story providers right now. I wrote several stories and now am having to focus more on them now than the Yankees. I'm hoping to go back and forth. I was offered a staff writer position on a Mets blog. So, I can use my blog as a break from the Mets, I suppose. Your site is fantastic and informative. I only hope to be as good, as I get more involved. Thank you for your time and the link on your site to mine. Please stay in touch. -Frank