Tiger Woods "I'm Sorry" Apoligizes to Nation

For the first time in the months after the fallout of his marriage and lewd behavior, Tiger Woods finally spoke on Friday. WATCH VIDEO!!!

Woods apologized to his wife Elin, his family and friends for his behavior that saw the golf superstar fool around with 16 different women, most of whom were prostitutes.

Woods looked pale and drawn out during his 14 minute speech, in which he declared that he has "disappointed all of you. I am embarrassed that I put you in this position. For all that I have done, I am so sorry," Woods said.

Woods then went on an the offensive attacking the media and blaming them for fabricating stories about him and his wife. He stated that the car accident on Thanksgiving was not a spousal dispute, and that Elin didn't beat him up as previously rumored. He even lashed out at paparazzi who photographed his two and a half year old daughter for following her to school. "Please leave my wife and kids alone. I recognize that I brought this on myself."

Woods admitted that he once thought he was invincible because of the fame and power that he gained over the last decade as he became golf royalty.

Woods stated that he would stay away from golf for the foreseeable future, but didn't rule out returning this season. In short forget about seeing Woods in Augusta in April for The Masters. The U.S. Open is not until mid June, and the British Open is in July. Will we see Tiger at one of those? Time will tell.

"I have a lot of work to do, and I am dedicated to doing it."

Comments