Mets Make It Offical, Collins Is Manager

The Mets made it official Tuesday, announcing that Terry Collins would take over as Mets manager this season with a two year contract.

"I'm not as evil or a devil as some of you might think. I learned to mellow a little bit," Collins said with a laugh. Nobody laughed with him by the way.

"We want to be the last team standing in October," Collins concluded. OOOH AHHHH! Echos of Rex Ryan. I'm shaking in my boots already hearing this from Collins who came across as timid and tense in his opening press conference.

The Mets signed Collins for only a two year deal, probably because they are afraid he will wear out his welcome with his players the way he did in Anaheim when the players on the Angels petitioned to have him fired.

I can't stress enough what a terrible move this is for New York. They will be looking for another manager by this time next year, if not by July -- I promise you.

Comments