Mets' Pete Alonso invoved in Car Wreck, Says he's 'Ok'

 New York Mets first baseman Pete Alonso said he is “lucky to be alive” after being involved in a hideous car accident near the Mets spring training home in Port St. Lucie in which his vehicle flipped over “several times.”

Alonso spoke openly about the subject in front of his locker before practice on Monday.

The first baseman claimed a driver ran a red light and crashed into his vehicle. Alonso’s wife, Haley, was not in the car, but in the car behind Alonso, following him when it happened. Alonso said the couple was driving across the state from Tampa Bay to Port St. Lucie to get ready for spring training. Alonso credited his wife with jumping into action to call authorities and get him removed from the vehicle.

“It’s amazing I am here. I am fortunate that everyone is ok,” Alonso said. “I am ok, I wanted you to hear from me first. The other people in the other cars were ok.”

 


 

Comments