A-Rod Says He Was 'Young And Stupid'

Alex Rodriguez faced the press for the first time since his admission last week to taking steroids during the 2003 season.

Rodriguez revealed some interesting insights into his steroid use. First, he said that he never knew what he was taking was steriods while he was with the Rangers, and later he added that in 2001, his cousin introduced him to a supplement known as Bole, which his cousin promised would give the star player an "energy boost." The drugs were acquired from the Dominican Republic.

Rodriguez refused to reveal the name of his cousin as a way to deflect blame onto himself.

A-Rod cited that he and his cousin were young and stupid back then. "When I entered the majors I was 18 years old, right out of high school. I thought I knew everything and I clearly didn't. I made a lot of mistakes in my life," Rodriguez said during his statement.

"It was part of being 24-25 years old, curious, ignorant. There are a lot of things you don't tell a lot of people, and that was one of the things I decided not to share with anyone."

"All these years I thought I was doing something that was not wrong."

LISTEN TO ENTIRE PRESS CONFERENCE VIA WFAN.COM.

Rodriguez said that he wished he had gone to college to really learn how to grow up, something A-Rod has struggled with for most of his professional and private life.

It is a rather poor excuse for Rodriguez to say that he was ignorant to what he had taken from 2001 to 2003. People are expected to be responsiblefor their own actions, and knowledgeable adults by the time they are 22 or 23 years old ought to know what they are doing!

For a guy like A-Rod, who has been photographed with a blonde woman in Toronto, hanging with Madonna, and, as recently as last week, partying with two young ladies in the Bahamas, it is clear that even at 34 years old A-Rod still has a heap of growing up to do.

Comments