Yankees manager Aaron Boone Taking Leave of Absense for Pacemaker

 Yankees manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate leave of absence from the team to have a pacemaker installed. It is the second time the Yankees skipper has had heart surgery; he had open heart surgery back in 2009 according to ESPN. 

According to reports, Boone said in a statement that he had been bothered by fatigue, low energy and shortness of breath. In three seasons at the helm, Boone is 236-148 as Yankees skipper.  Bench Coach Carlos Mendoza will take over as acting manager until Boone returns to the dugout. 

 "I'm in a great frame of mind because I know I'm in good hands with the doctors and medical staff here. ... They are confident that today's surgery will allow me to resume all of my usual professional and personal activities and afford me a positive long-term health prognosis without having to change anything about my way of life," Boone is quoted as saying in a story by ESPN.

 The Yankees begin the 2021 regular season at home, April 1 against Toronto.  

Comments