Rodgers "Activated" to Roster Despite Fact He Won't Play This Year

 Aaron Rodgers will likely not play this year at all. The future Hall of Famer confirmed on the Pat McAfee Show that he is not “100 percent” healthy as he attempted a historic comeback from an Achilles Tendon Injury.

Instead, Rodgers confirmed which pretty much everyone knew already, that he would not play again this season.

“Hoping we were still in it. It was unrealistic to think I would be 100 percent to be medically cleared at any point during the season. I feel in the next three to four weeks it would be possible to get to 100 percent. Obviously not there,” Rodgers said. I am still 14 weeks tomorrow from my surgery to being medically cleared at 100 percent is not realistic.”


The comments come after the Jets were eliminated from playoff contention after a 30-0 loss to Miami.  Rodgers had been pushing for a miraculous comeback had Gang Green remained in contention.

“I would need to go through a week of 11-on-11 practice to see how I would go through that. It would be more than just getting activated,” Rodgers added.



On Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and Nathaniel Hackett

Rodgers defended the Jets brain trust: General Manager Joe Douglas, Head coach Robert Saleh and Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

“I believe in Joe Douglas. He has put together great drafts and a great roster. We had difficult injuries. I believe in Robert Saleh, he’s a fantastic coach. he’s about the right stuff. I believe in Nate Hackett, always have. The offense he runs is quarterback friendly. It was geared around me and what I do well.”

Comments